The Design Process usually begins with a phone call followed by an on-site consultation to discuss your requirements for the garden. At this point it’s potential is assessed and an estimate of costs can be made.
Occasionally, ideas for a transformation become immediately apparent and initial rough sketches can be made during the first visit before being enhanced and fine tuned back at the office. Alternatively, a longer design process may be required involving more detailed drawings and off-site work.
This initial meeting also gives us an opportunity to get to know each other and establish a method of working. Following the initial consultation, ideas and sketches will be presented regularly to ensure the design is developing to fit your requirements.
Plans can be produced for long term management and enhancement of gardens on large sites such as historic buildings, country estates, residential and care homes or housing complexes. All such work has been undertaken in the past and detailed examples are available.
- Complete garden makeovers
- Enhancement of existing gardens
- Providing designs and plans for contractors or keen gardeners
- Plans and Notes for phased development of gardens and estates of all sizes
- Plant selection, pruning and horticultural advice
- Maintenance and Pruning notes
- Paving, patios, paths and edging
- Wooden features: Pergolas, trellis or seats (Our skilled carpenter can make bespoke features on site)
- Ponds and water features
- Planting design for individual beds
- Selection of key trees or shrubs for particular location/effect
- Suggestions for additional wildlife-friendly plants or features
- Ecological Consultancy